Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Smile like you mean it.

the rosebowl party has moved past where my legs can't carry me and it's too late to be worth conning someone in to taking me out.....so I'll update!

It feels like I have been here a LONG time. it's funny because I've really only been here like, 4 and half days. but already I have formed such a groove, as have my other squatter buddies living in Arcadia, that it's like home. Oh so fun. got a group together last night to watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind after rehearsal...probably not the wisest choice because that meant I was up until 2:30 watching it when I had to get up at 7:20 am buuuuuut....it was worth it. For one, it is one of my new absolute favorite movies, and two, the company was wonderful.

While incredibly busy, my days are very fun. again, I am just chuckling at how old hat everything suddenly seemed today. and I mean, it's so stupid because yesterday everything was still all awkward and new. whatever. I am just sounding stupid now.

ah, on the vein of sounding stupid, I now realize what alison meant by her blog being self conscious. I've felt that way about this blog since it's conception. I think it's partially because it's so new, and I don't really feel comfortable with the layout and every thing so it really doesn't feel like me the way my Xanga did, and also partially because this actual "blog" is a kind of upgrade from my little Xanga so therefore I feel more responcibility to be a "real" blogger and ya know, not suck. so now....I don't know what to do. I haven't had the time to really play around with my style or whatever since going home equaled crap computer and a desire to sit and be with my family instead. and really...I don't think I'll wind up changing too much of what I do...I mean, I really don't think I'll be able to change much of my style, because really, I am just not that commited. this whole thing started for me mostly as a way to kind of journal, a personal time for me to reflect on things and relate stuff to people.

so yeah.

the kind of changes I am more looking to make are to just, well, not suck so much. to try and weed out the balan crap (like much of the begining of this post....I am so good at this....) and just try and find a better balance between being a pseudo theraputic device for me, and being interesting to my readers.

we'll see what happens.

peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home