Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I love Michel Godry

So I just spent my weekend at my soon-to-be-home, Arcadia, in Peoria, cleaning and painting. Miss Alison accompanied me and was basically a rock star. seriously, she cleaned and painted as hard if not harder than I did and she doesn't even GO to Bradley! she's the shit.

soooo, the big part of the weekend was painting my room. before I go too much further, let me explain the room. All right, so the situation with the house this upcoming year is that there were five people new people signed on to live in the house for this year, and then one person who is a senior and has only one semester of school left. but, after this had all been set up, one of the housemate ended up transfering schools, and therefore leaving them one roommate short. but, since the senior is leaving halfway through the year, the four who are staying wanted to find someone to replace the sixth housemate so they wouldn't be saddled with lots of rent money once the senior leaves.

this is where I come in.

I agree immediatley and requested to get permission out of the lame contract that says I have to live in the dorms for two years yada yada yada, and joined the party. now, unfortunatley, there are only five actualy bedrooms in the house. this meant that I would be converting the "green room" in the basement into a bedroom for a semester.

I probably should have looked at this room a little closer before I left for the summer, but I didn't want to get my hopes up before I knew for certain if I would be able to be granted permission to live off campus, and once I did know, it was the very end of the year and I was all caught up with finals and saying goodbyes, so yeah, I didn't asses the situation very well...




BUUUUUUUT! thanks to some MAJOR cleaning and painting from alison and I, the place is looking better already.




now....the colors are all off from what I was expecting. I wanted a much warmer, muted yellow, and a darker blue. buuuuuut....I'm not about to paint those lumpy walls all overy again, jesus, did that take FAR longer than inticipated. I'm thinking I'll do a texture of another color over the yellow to soften it up, and maybe distract from the fact that these are ugly cement walls a little? we'll see.

but yeah, once I get some carpet in there, I think it'll really start feeling like my place. I'm really fuckin excited to tell the truth. Arcadia is a beautiful house and my housemates are great people, so I have very high hopes for next year!

all right, off I go to do the millions of things that I should have been doing instead of posting on my blog. ooopsy.

peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

We had a guy live in the basement on Institute. It was damp and mildewey, and one night he decided to slit his wrists because his girlfriend broke up with him.

Didn't tell you that Bradley story tonight, did I?

11:18 PM  
Blogger Lovemeugly said...

AH!

That is AWFUL Brian! ahhhhhh....

you.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home