Thursday, June 01, 2006

life is suddenly very busy...

soooooooo...yeah.

so, for anyone who doesn't know, my community theatre group, Limelight Theatre, is doing Beauty and the Beast for their musical this year. I have procured the awesome position of being in charge of basically everything that encompasses Costumes. From designing to building, and eventually, their upkeep. SO! I finally sat down a couple days ago to really look at just what that entails...

OH.

GOD.



Now, we are not renting ANYTHING for this production so every piece will be found/hand made. granted, I do have my sister and some moms who are great sewers on my side, but still....ahhhhhhhhh.....

this is a BIG undertaking.

especially, for me, because we are in Oswego East High School. The best way to describe that theatre is just UNNECESSARY. it is HUGE and waaaay too nice. and while it is a great opportunity for all of us to grow to do bigger things than Bednarcik Jr. High can offer, it also demands that we really bump things up and put on a show that at least attempts to do the theatre justice.

sooo...this show NEEDS to look GOOD.

not just good, GREAT.

FUCKING AWESOME.

I am not over-whelmed, but maybe a just a bit whelmed...

but in a good way. I am so excited for this, you have NO idea. I am determined to make these costumes beautiful. or die trying. this is a huge opportunity to prove that I can do this stuff. and, not even just to anybody else...but to myself most of all.

I mean, I am NERVOUS about life after school, and I could really use some kind of reassurance that I am not just leaching off others that are around me. I need to be able to say "I did this. I MADE this. I am PROUD of this."

I guess I am just very insecure still about my abilities...and I...I dunno. I just am.

so yeah.

I have that on my plate for this summer. this all is on top of an 8 to 12 job every morning, being a softball umpire in the evenings, costume Pride and Prejudice, then kind of acting in Pride and Prejudice as well? (the question mark is because I auditioned for the show, but casting isn't decided yet) A very small to no part with the acting thing would actually be a bit of a relief for me, just so I could focus more on getting all that work done...

then trying to get to Peoria at least two times before school starts so I can have a livable room, a wedding in two weeks, as well at trying to get out to Wagon Wheel to see my Mexicans in their awesome theatre...

oy.

but really, I am the happiest when I am busy, so this fits me well! I was really going nuts for a while...I have had too much free time and I was getting FAAAAR too lazy.

so yeah.

peace kids.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cellar door said...

i'm really excited for B&B, too. i just wish they didn't take so much time to get the cast list up...im going crazy!!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Cellar door said...

PS...make my costume uber sexy, or at least as sexy as they will let you make it. that would be awesome. i'm babette, by the way. :D

4:27 PM  
Blogger Lovemeugly said...

oohhhhhh, Cori and I are going to make Babetter SOOOOOO hot. I cannot wait. never you fear!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Cellar door said...

score!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home