Sunday, April 09, 2006

I held my tongue, as she told me son, 'fear is the heart of love', so I never went back...


man, so I slept in UBER late today. I mean, we're talking 2:45 in the afternoon, and I didn't ever drink last night so it's not like I was sleepin off a hangover or anything...I just did not want to get up. Oh well, I kinda wasted half my day, buuuuuut I needed the sleep.

Anywhoo, to makeup for my sloth, I got up, got ready all perkily and started cleaning my room. I currently have THREE loads of laundry running. So I got real hungry around 4 and grabbed some popcorn chicken from the student center and after my regular rounds of perusing blogs, I, in my cheerful, productive mood, decided to read up on some new for once! I go to BBC.com and start reading about the headlining new...and it's all about the violence and political unrest still prevalent in Iraq. One article was about how just a few days ago three suicide bombers snuck into this huge mosque and killed somewhere around 66 people and injured hundreds more.

despite the obvious horribleness of this act, the fact that they are targeting peaceful places of worship where everyday people go in love just kills my heart. And I know that is nothing new, I mean, they have had religious warfare for generations...but still...I live in a happy bubble where my biggest concern is my Biology test Monday, so when I take the time to really look at the world...it's always an extra fresh cut and especially poignant salt that's spread in it.

Bleeeeggghhhh, ok, I need to motivate again, I'll read more later. I think it'll be better if I spread out my reading so as not to get too bummed in one sitting.

So I just switched my laundry into the dryer. I usually wash my clothes at random times and days just because that's when it's easiest for me, but, I needed to get these clothes clean for the start of my busy life again, so I needed them done and out of the way today. Now, in doing my laundry at said obscure times means I really don't ever run into people doing laundry at the same time. But today is Sunday and therefore National Do Your Laundry Day.

I was watching my loads finish in LaundryView.com (best thing ever) and as soon as they ended, I scampered downstairs with my little box of sheets of fabric softener, so I was pretty surprised to find a guy in the laundry room folding his clothes. Yes, it was NOTHING out of the ordinary, but at the same time...odd. for me at least. I had no idea who he was, but he was just unloading his clothes, folding them, and putting them into his hamper...I was just switching my clothes into the dryers...but I dunno...there was something strangely intimate about it. It just kinda made me wonder how everyone else does their laundry. It's funny just how intimate clothes can be. CLOTHES. It's one of those things that does make total sense, but at the same time still seems very silly.

so yeah. that was a huge buildup for a lame thought...but oh well. It was a very different thought for me. I like thinking about all those things we ALL do in life...but each person has their own way of doing them...hrm.

peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home