Thursday, August 10, 2006

about damn time...



all righty kids. here is the major post that I've been meaning to do for....a while. So here goes!

To begin with, CAMPING!

True to Veverka form we were packed to the gills and I was squished into the back seat. But, it was totally worth it because the trip was fantastic. We got the best camp site we've ever had, it was big, flat, and a good blend of shady and open. My aunt and uncle came join us for the day, with their great kayaks, then Mo (the mums super fun sister) stayed another day. We hiked, swam, boated, read, played cards, drank, laughed, and relaxed.

This is Devils Doorway (a fucking awesome rock formation that's with natural....or the Native Americans did it...either way, super cool) Then that's Lucka and I swimming off of the rocks below the bluff, then it's the spectacular view from atop the East bluff. so beautiful.

Then it was back to O-town for the unenthusiastic completion of my online classes with Waubonsee (which I totally aced, which means that I totally could have slacked off more and not tried so damn hard and maybe had a little more fun....fucking sociology....) and visiting the people that I should have been seeing all summer! Alison had the loviest of get togethers during which I got to see four of my absolute favorite ladies, as well as one of my favorite gentleman. Then, it was off to the city for me on a whirlwind tour of apartments!
Cori, Katie, and I spent our day first visiting the great apartment of Di and Alex. It was a great time, the place it really fantastic, and we had the best lunch and Nookies where we were basically given this huge plate full of like, five pieces of pie and cake because they were just going to throw it out and we were the only ones in the restaraunt. fucking delicious. Then we three met up with my cousin Teri for a cool drink and a visit in her apartment (we made the stop mostly because it was POURING and we were wating on Gunnar to get back to us). Once we made her sufficiently late for ther dinner plans, we said our goodbyes and were off to see Gunnar's new place! which was tiny. And by tiny, I mean like, practically dorm room small with a closet for a "kitchen" and a bathroom that literally comes OUT of the "closet". But, it's all his, so he couldn't be happier. The day was long and good. oh wait. except that whole parking ticket shit. moral of the story, the police DO check to see if you have a parking pass at the Aurora station. just so you know. bitch.

After all those antics, it was back to home for me where I was in a flurry of packing for the next couple days. The night before I left the fam and Lucka and I went to see Lady in the Water, which, not matter what ya'lls may think, I really liked. I like the way M. Night makes movies. I love his characters. I'm a sucker for good characters and good interactions. It was a sweet story and Paul Giamatti is fucking brilliant.

Then Saturday was a trip to Peoria! and here I am. All moved in. I'd have pictures buuuut....I didn't feel like it. But it's fucking sweet. I love it here, I love my housemates, and I've actually had a super low-key week so I'm finally getting the ME TIME that I haven't had time for all summer!!

People are arriving now too, since I'm back so early, the only people in town are those in or working on the show, and the actors didn't get in until yesterday, so now I have more company too. Yay for friends!!

A little look into my night last night...

Andy (with the facial hair, also the token male in my house) decided to buzz all his hair off so Mike decided to trim his hair as well. It was quite precious. Andy decided he now wants to be the guy in the army who cuts all the new recruits hair.

So! that's the past three weeks of Jessi's life at a glance! I'm sure more silly blather is to come, as well as tales of stupid college fivalities, but hell, if I don't do all those rediculous things now....when will I?

peace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lancehead said...

COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. I'm glad your having a good time :)

10:27 PM  
Blogger Lancehead said...

AHHHHH OK :D

2:49 PM  
Blogger Lovemeugly said...

that's right. gooooood.

2:59 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Paul Giomatti is my new lover. I really liked Lady in the Water!

11:58 AM  
Blogger invadethecity said...

the other day on mushrooms i tried to cut my hair without a mirror. i tried.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home