Thursday, February 02, 2006

Let's go measure your nostrils!

well...this is what I look like after painting the Requiem set until 4:30am. Andrew and I painted the floor sooooo great. It looks like granite.
In other news I just got the script for the next lab show I am working on. It's called Lonely Planet by Steven Dietz and I fucking LOVE it. I am costume/makeup/hair design for it, and dammit, I just wanna drop my work on Requiem and Extremities and just focus on this show because I am so excited for it. but yeah, if you're looking for a good play to read sometime, check this one out.
Today has been an interesting day. I woke up late and had to scamper quickly to get to Technical Procedures (of theatre) on time, but when I arrived I found that class was cancled because our professor was still sick. hooray! (not for the sick, but for the no class) so I got to hang about the green room for an hour and catch a little nap with a friend.
THEN. I got to watch a life cast (when the pour the goup all over your face and it hardens so you can make a mold of your face). So part of the Special Materials class is making a life cast of your face, and for the mainstage coming up, we need a life cast of one of the characters in order to make this huge burn across his face and neck. well, I'm the assistant makeup designer sooooo I got to sneak in and watch! it was very interesting.
Luckily, one of the directors here is practically and expert on doing this, so he came in and was running things. It kind of surprised me how seriously we all had to take it, no one was allowed to crack jokes, we all had to be very calm and quite. Doug (the director) talked Joey (the one getting casted) through every little thing he was doing, there was a designated hand-holder, hand signals, everything. It was so cool. I mean, you don't really think how terrifying that must feel to only have two straws sticking out of your nose by which to breath, you cannot see, cannot speak, even your hearing will be inhibited by the half inch thick plaster.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the whole process today because Joe got a little freaked out pretty soon after he was covered and had to sit up and let it drip off/peel off. But it was a good experience to see what happenes when someone needs to stop. And I mean, it is so easy to get freaked out by it. Joe is not someone I would have thought would have been wierded out by it, but he's a mouth breather and he said that as soon as the pressure built up on his mouth and he felt a the little bit of plaster eek around the straws in his nose, he kind of paniced.
it was quite and interesting experience.
then we called it a day and got to play in the extra plaster. we made a big block with out handprints in it like you did in kindergarden. Becky said she would keep it for us.
mine was a thumbs up.
Tomorrow I get to go to Auggie!! woooo! I get to see Cori in her show! and see my family! for my birthday! HOORAY!!
life rocks.
ps. I accedentally hit the "erase formatting" little button guy and I do not know how to turn him back on....so sorry for the globby, non spaced out look. I dislike it as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home