Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"Reach out with your feelings!" ...thanks Obi Wan...

twas a good day. I still failed to rise before 11am....but ya know, school starts in a week, so I'm still using the "I can so I will" excuse.

but my day began with breakfast for lunch, then a strolling trip to the mall, witnessing a friend cut off, and almost hit, a motorcycle cop (luckily he was let off with only a warning, but that cop was PISSED).

Then I helped to gut the Lab theatre and re-organize for the new year. The cabling that runs to the lights was old and not up to code, so if something needs to get done, then you gotta do it yourself! or...have Andy do it....whatever. The point is, we cut down all the cables, unhung all the lights, and now we have NO source of light in the theatre save the worklights. Let's hope the new connectors come in in time for us to re-cable and re-connect every instrument and still be able to light the first show! hah! nah...we'll be good. hopefully.

As I was waiting for friends to finish rehearsal, my housemate and dear friend Jenny comes in my room from just getting home from driving all the way from Peoria to Libertyville, just to turn around, after being in town for less than an hour, and come straight back tp Peoria. Her father forced her to miss a day of work to trade vehicles with her brother. To top it off, she accidentally rear-ended someone on the drive home.

not a good day for my friends to be driving it seems.

There was no damage done, and she didn't get in any trouble either, so that was good. But, needless to say, she had less than a pleasant day.

Now, my dearest readers, I would like to inform you of a very special group that I am part of. It is called 11:02 Club. It was birthed from a rather serious talk one night on my porch between myself and two of my friends. We were discussing our unpleasant family situations, our concerning financial standings, and how it sucked that we were stuck in Peoria where we were basically helpless to do anything about it. So, we have become each others support. Basically one of us will have a bad day, and the others will make sure to come to their aide with a drink or a shot accompanied by a big smile and some much needed laughs.

Jenny needed a meeting. So, with Mikey (the third member) being out of reach, Jenny and I giggled our way to the kitchen to create "Mushy Delicious". Basically we took all the fruit in the house (pineapple, a banana, grapes, and a peach) and blended them into something spectacular. Then, right as we were adding the final fun ingredients, Michael walks in with some bad news about his grampa and saying he needed an 11:02 meeting soon.

most perfect timing ever.

so, the three of us enjoyed our amazing drinks (drank out of the wackiest cups in the house) out on the porch and laughed.

now, that sounds like a great end to a long day, BUT WAIT! there's more!

this all took place at still an early time, and all while anticipating the ACTUAL night festivities.....PIE AND STAR WARS!!

this is an event originated by the amazing David Alex and myself last January, and oh, it is SO fun. So, the real end to my night was devouring some french silk and lemon meringue pie while watching A New Hope and laughing more with so many of my fellow nerdy friends.

I had a far more eventful day that I had previously thought.

I'm happy to be home.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lancehead said...

I will call, you'll see. If you click on My Bro, that will lead you to Nick's blog yo!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Cellar door said...

yeah...nicks blog moved to http://www.laislademuerta.blogspot.com

10:45 AM  
Blogger Lovemeugly said...

oooohhhhhhh, I get it. Thanks friends!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Lancehead said...

I still don't see why you can't just come back.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Lancehead said...

Alright, I'll try to call you some time today...yes after marching band pictures I shoud be able to.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Cap'n Vincent said...

Oh, how i miss thee and thy randonmness, you! Ugh. You people and going to college.

:)

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home