Saturday, September 23, 2006

so who's gunna watch you die?

this post is more than a little late. oh well. shit happens. shows and classes and life happen.

but.

five years.

fuck man.

I remember the confusion. the not understanding. the understanding. I remember hearing friends of mine talking ab0ut enlisting. I remember anticipating a war.

and now....

I don' even know. WE don't even know.

I get so caught up in my own little life and my own personal life plans.....I forget about all the BIG issues that are out there.

I know I cannot completely understand what is going on all over the world...but dammit I should at least try harder. we all should.

What will happen the day that we are given a choice to make this a better country? are we going to claim ignorance and apanthy? or will we have the balls to stand up for that America should be and IS no matter how overshadowed or hidden?

I worry because we are so big. America is fuckin HUGE, how can we ever expect to agree on anything? and, maybe we shouldn't. but still.....our democracy is not perfect. and I can't stand those who blindly believe it is.

I'm tired. I wish I could understand.

I wish I could DO SOMETHING.

I wish it would all go aways sometimes...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The size of us. That's pretty much it. It's our greatest weakness, but also our greatest strength.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Lovemeugly said...

very true...

3:00 PM  
Blogger Lancehead said...

Wait, so what does that make us? They both cancel each other out.

*Give Jessi 15 virtual hugs*

5:37 PM  
Blogger Lancehead said...

I give you 15 extra!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Cellar door said...

why thank you!

you're beautiful.

:)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Lovemeugly said...

aaaahhhhh....

thanks friends. virtual hugs are nothing compare to the real thing...but they still make you feel better.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Lancehead said...

Well, the screen alway stops me from giving you a hug....ugh

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home