Tuesday, August 29, 2006

my arms my legs my heart my face the are alive...

...and she would cry, LIAR LIAR!

that's right, I just quoted Cursive in my post. Not really a band I would usually be into, right? I'm as surprised as the next...but they've grown on me. At least, the album the Ugly Organ has. If anyone cares, it is album that inspired the play Butcher, which is our lab show this semester. it's dark, sad, and good.

....come see it. October 20th and 21st.

enough shamless promotion.

I suck at making friends in classes. Get me at a party and I'll talk to anyone in the room! I'll start up conversations with complete strangers, no biggie! but in CLASS. it's like my social skills just run away while I am there! which really sucks when I don't anyone in the class.

well, I got the nerve up to start up conversation at my art table, which was nice, the other three people seem real nice. There was this one guy in particular, he was cute, seemed a little shy, so, ya know, I tried to engage him in a little conversation.....

......and I think he's gay.

Ok, now, this is just getting rediculous. you must understand, I came to school this year with high hopes of the fun new freshman class that would be full of cute boys that I could date. I was even more excited when I heard that the majority of the theatre majors were boys.

ALL of them are gay.

ALL!!!

we are at about a 4/1 ratio of gay to strait men in my social group!!

and it's not that I have a problem with their being gay, not at all, almost all of my best friends are gay, what I have a problem with is that they are not straight.

I need to expand my circle.

then, when I try, I FIND ANOTHER ONE!

harumph.

if anyone knows an attractive, funny, straight boy that they think would be interested in me, go ahead and give him my number.

the pickins seem to be a little slim over here.

2 Comments:

Blogger invadethecity said...

i remember giving you that album two years ago and you wouldn't try it. i am glad you like it now. good job. sometimes we just need music to beat the shit out of us. and well tim kasher will do that to you. by the way. i'm not gay. just to let you know. ah sha.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Lovemeugly said...

hahaaaa, yeah.

I actually have noticed that I am getting into a number of the bands you tried to get me to listen to ages ago.

go you.

I think I've tapped my usual genres and now I am ready for a wider listening base. so that means you should re-suggest some those bands to me now, and I'll probably go for them.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home