Sunday, February 19, 2006

My live is a movie...

so my junior year at Grovers (the fun party/award ceremony that OHS drama has at the end of the year) Tina Dardis gave me her Legacy Award entitled "My Life is Movie" because of all of our fun times sharing rediculous stories and haveing fantastic adventures. Usually it was her life that was the more exciting one because a.) she could make the most mundane event a great story and b.) unbelievable things just happened to her.

but this time, I actually felt like I was the one in a movie.

A quick history...

Dan and I met beginning-ish of last semester. He's a alumn who graduated last year, lives in Chicago, actor, fuckin cool. So he came back for a little visit and to have some fun. As soon as word got around that Dan Scobey was in town everyone who wasn't a freshman was all "Oh my god, you have to meet him, he's so awsome!" and my thought is yeah, sure, I bet he is, but it'll just be one of those awkward 'hey, I went here and now you go here...yay....lets not talk anymore' deels like it usually is whenever you are first introduced to someone. and yeah, first introduction was kinda like that, but it was in passing so no prolonged weird forced conversation. Then the night progressed at Apartment B and I was just chillin on the couch, takin a breather from the dancing, when along comes Dan. He sits down next to me and starts engaging me in conversation. Real conversation. we hit it off amazingly and wound up dancing all night and winning the party.

we talked once or twice after that night, but then things just kinda went away. I resigned myself to holding that amazing night as just a wonderful turn of events that I was happy to partake in.

then he came back for a second visit. and it was a lot like the first, we talked, laughed, got on amazingly, and won the party into the wee hours of the morn once again. but this time we promised to keep in touch. and we did.

then, as we were talking on Sunday night, lamenting the distance between us because of the obvious attraction we have, he decided that as soon as he got off work monday night he was driving down to Peoria to spend Valentines day with me.

Chicago to Peoria. at the drop of a hat. for me.

best 12:45am Valentine ever.

and a lot like a freakin romantic comedy.

so we had our first real "us" time over the next day and a half. we went to breakfast, napped, double dated to see Fun with Dick and Jane, (not my first choice, but it was a fun movie) then dined at Chuck E Cheese and played the games and crawled around in the tunnels with the little children....then had a Valentines day party at B again.

and it was wonderful.

soooo....things are very good for me. and things are very good for two of my favorite boys, both having found themselves a special someone so we can all share silly things and be happy for one another.

yeah. this is a very girly post, and a long one at that, but it was the most romantic thing that has happened to me in a while, so I had to gush.

anywhooooo

shit tons of homework awaits me. later kids.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home