Tuesday, February 13, 2007

for the times, they are a changing

I have been feeling very anti-literate lately. I haven't been responding to e-mail from friends abroad, I haven't been blogging, my required statements for my Scupture class have been awkward.....and I'm just not sure why.

even now...I'm not entirely into this post. but I guess I just want something to do to distract me from doing all the things that I need to get done.

part of me wants to say something about the tragety in Oswego. but I don't know what I'd say. just the same things. such unnecessary pain and loss. such unfairness for all those involved.

I guess I just haven't felt compelled to write anything for a while. My artistic vibe has been a little on the funk recently. makes it hard for me to get in to my projects.

I've been thinking a little, I have not cried in a long time. not a real cry, not the kind that you just let everything out and sob and then sleep for hours and feel like a new person again. none of that. not for.....months. I should just find a night to lock myself my room and get it all out when I wont have to see people in the morning (I am one of those people who you can ALWAYS tell has been crying).

now, on to some better news, I interviewed for this summer theatre programe that works out of U of I last week and last night I got an e-mail offereing me the job of "Costume and Makeup/Wig Assistant/Wardrobe Crew"! I am really excited because this place is relatively picky, like many technical and acting positions require a year of apprenticeship before they get hired, so getting this offer really makes me happy. The only downer is that it doesn't pay very well. It's not BAD pay, but not great either. I'll have to do some number crunching before I decide if I can accept. but DAMN do I want to work there this summer.

well, here's to hopefully getting out of this funk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home