Sunday, March 04, 2007

It's the Sun!!

All right! Twas an odd week, this week.

Thursday was a CRAZY day. Let me describe the freaky-cosmic allignment that occured surrounding this incident.

So the plan on Wednesday night was for me to spend the night in my friend Devin's room so we could have a slumber pary. I was doing some work, waiting for him to be done with rehearsal, when I suddenly got VERY tired. It was only 10pm, but for some reason I decided that I should just go to be THAT INSTANT. I cancle my plans with Devin and was asleep by 10:30. All very uncharacteristic of me. But now, I wake up at 7:30am completely rested and ready for the day! And what do I find? My basement covered in water. THUMBS DOWN. And this water was MOVING. I went up to shower at 7:30 thinking that the water was only in the main area of the basement (it had done that before) so I just turned the dehumidifiers on and left. In the half hour that it took me to get ready, water had seeped a solid two feet into my bedroom. And I had a ton of papers and books and things of general importance all over my floor that I was able to save before the water reached them toom much. So now think of what COULD have happened. I could have a) stayed home like normal and not gotten up until 10 for my 10:30 class, thus I would not have found things until my room was totally drenched. or b) I could have slumber partied with Devin and therefore would not have been home until noon at the earliest. DISASTER. I've come to the general conclusion that I was still being cosmically fucked, just not quite as hard as I may have.

So the whole day was spent moving all of my shit two flights of stairs to Lejla's almost empty bedroom. I had help from my landlord in getting my bed and desk moved upstairs, but I hadn't had time to pack anything, so that was about all he could do with it being super awkward, so I just moved everything else myself. It got tiring.

Buuut, now I have a huge sweet room WITH A REAL WINDOW!!! Oh god, waking up to sunshine is such a glorious thing! I didn't realize how much I missed natural light until I finally got it back! (my window in the basement had to have towls ducktaped over it in order to keep any of my heat in and cold out).

The only bummer deal is that I can only mostly move in. Landlord Steve promised to instal new carpet in the upstairs for us, and this originally was a perfect plan because there was no one living up there so it would be super low-hassle. and now I'm up here. Steve offered to do my room later, like in 6 weeks or something, but I pushed for it to happen over break. This way I'd be out of the house and I can handle living a little in hiatus for two weeks if it means that I wont have to worry about it then when things are getting crazy at the end of the semester. Ooh, and not only does this room get new carpet but it is getting painted and a new ceiling too! sweeeeeet.

all of that was Thursday. what a tiring day.

then I got to have fun on Friday videoing perspective students (or as I should now say "guests") for their scholarship auditions. I always have fun watching people audition. PLUS my Carl came to visit, so it was waaaanderful to see him.

but I think the biggest perk of this week has to be the appearance of my Internet Boyfriend. Sounds weird, I know, but you'll have to trust me on this. A couple weeks ago Karla's friend told me that I HAD to talk to this guy she's friends with from Dekalb because we have the same sense of humor. I was sceptical, I didn't want to be a weirdo IMing this total stranger just because Lindsey said so. But eventually curiosity overcame embaressment and we started talking.

....we are the same person.

it's pretty badass. He's cute and goofey and funny and generally pretty fantastic and we have come to call each other Internet Girl/Boyfriend because we're both pretty much awesome and crazy "in like" with one another.

so who knows what will happen with this. all I know is that I like it and it makes me happy and that's what matters.

to get back to the real world, now....I'm just trying to get on top of my stuff. I'm going home wednesday night so I need to make sure I don't fail things.

peace friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home